I am Geneva, but if you prefer, you may call me Genny. I will also answer to neevar. It doesn’t matter what you call me. I know who I am. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend to a few. I am interested in and curious about everything. I am also a paraprofessional social worker.
After years of procrastination, I finally took the proverbial bull by the horns and started a blog. Please bear with me as I learn the ins and outs, experiment with style, explore topics, and find what I want my voice to say.
A little about me/Things I like
- hiking and being outside
- my job
- notebooks, journals (miquelrius is my current favorite brand,) scratch pads, and writing tools http://www.shopmiquelrius.com/servlet/StoreFront
- history, the humanities, the social sciences
- stars & space, the moon
- geography and topography
Things I want to accomplish in 2015
- start a blog
- continue a blog
- be healthier
- excel at work
- save money
- spend more time with friends
- read more
- study more
- learn more
- write more http://debbiehodge.com/2012/01/5-year-journal-01/
- plant a garden
- maintain a garden
- use what I grow in a garden
- go on an overnight hike/backpack for a weekend on the Knobstone Trail
- watch less television
- teach my children something useful every month
- rid my house of useless things
- remove the water softener from my laundry room and install shelves
I was born and raised in fly-over country, and I’m okay with that. I am raising my three children less than 10 miles from where I grew up, and I’m okay with that, too. I like living simply and hope to see the richness of my life grow the simpler I live. We’ll see how that works out.
What are your goals for 2015?